How to Get Your Website Noticed
Generating leads and sales from a website is a challenge that troubles all businesses, right from start-ups to large companies. With every company creating its online footprint, you need to fight high odds to succeed. What you need is an organized strategy with a multi-fold approach, as there is no simple formula for success. Here are a few tips that would help you attract quality traffic to and finally answer the question, “How to get customers on my website?”
- It Starts with the Website! – You can’t sell a poor product or service, and similarly you can attract traffic to a bad website. If your existing website isn’t yielding results, get it redesigned from a professional agency or freelancer. The design should be eye-catching and the site should be mobile-friendly to improve your odds. Also, make sure the web pages have a short load time as this is essential for a modern website.
- On-Page SEO – On-page SEO is the most potent way of attracting traffic to your website. But again, the strategies and techniques behind on-site SEO undergo changes regularly with algorithmic updates of major search engines. Bringing in help or training your marketing director with the best practices in SEO is crucial. Long tail keywords account for the majority of searches and are also low on competition, so ranking well for these longer searches will bring you targeted, high converting traffic. If you’re wondering how to get your website noticed by Google, this is a key place to start.
- Create a Blog – Blog marketing has proven to be a highly rewarding technique as it allows you to post unique content on a regular basis, which is great for SEO. Blogs also serve as a big incentive for your regular visitors to check your website on a periodic basis. Also, reply to the comments on your blog as this shows you are present and engaged with your customer’s questions, concerns and praise.
- Link Building – Link building isn’t dead as some people think. It still holds great potential and can complement other strategies that you would use to get your website noticed. Apart from external links, you should also focus on the internal linking of your website.
- Go Social – Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter are big mines of traffic that you can use them to your advantage. Users spend hours of their leisure time on the social media daily, and here you would be able to engage with the audience and interact with them actively. Beyond just tweeting and posting, there are strategies you can implement to monitor the ROI on your social media marketing.
- Email Marketing – While critics have written an early obituary for email marketing, it can still be a brilliant marketing medium if you take a strategic approach. Email marketing allows you to engage with your existing customers and keep them in the know of your latest offerings. It has also weathered the storm of all the social media ups and downs, and remains a consistent communication platform if done right.
Summary: How to Get Your Website Noticed
These few tips would go a long way in increasing traffic to your website and creating new opportunities for your business.
Best of luck on your implementation, and if you need help, don’t hesitate to contact us!